|First Name||Last Name||Position|
|Amber||Molinet||1st Vice Presidentemail@example.com|
|Chelsea||Ormond||2nd Vice Presidentfirstname.lastname@example.org|
For more information
PTA Needs You!
HLES PTA Involvement Opportunities
PLEASE NOTE – ALL VOLUNTEERS MUST COMPLETE AN ONLINE VOLUNTEER
BACKGROUND CHECK ON THE COMAL ISD WEBPAGE
- Leopard Ramble – Leopard Ramble takes place on October 12. This is our only fundraiser for the year and is a great time for students and parents. It takes place during the school day during the students’ specials block. Every student at HLES will receive a Leopard Ramble t-shirt. There are many volunteer opportunities, and we highly encourage families to come out (even if they cannot volunteer) and be part of this awesome event during their students’ specials period. Contact Aimee Villanueva if you would like to get more information about volunteering. email@example.com
- Pumpkin Night - Pumpkin Night will take place on October 29. We will need help that evening with setting up the tables and crafts used in decorating pumpkins, and helping oversee the students as they decorate. This is a fun time and only a one night commitment. If interested in helping, please contact the school office.
- Christmas Service Project - Every year HLES participates in a Service Project that provides Christmas gifts to children in foster care in Comal County. There will be notices sent home for gift or monetary donations by class, but once the donations for these children are gathered at HLES, it takes volunteers to shop and wrap presents for the children adopted by HLES classes. This is a great deal of work that must be completed within a few days. If interested in volunteering, please contact the school office.
Ongoing Volunteer Needs:
- Staff Appreciation & Hospitality – Volunteering for Staff Appreciation Committee is a great way for all parents to participate, even if they work during the school day. Throughout the year, Staff Appreciation provides meals and special goodies for our wonderful staff and requests that parents donate items such as desserts and/or lunch items on specific dates. This can be a onetime donation or as often as you would like to participate. For more information or to get on the Staff Appreciation distribution list, contact Chelsea Ormond or Marta Yanez
- Workroom – This is an easy way to volunteer without being committed to a specific schedule, or to be able to help out in small increments at your convenience. The teachers have boxes in the workroom with tasks they need help with. If you are interested in getting the training for the workroom equipment, please contact the front office. This is a great volunteer opportunity for families with younger children as there is a space for younger children and some toys in the workroom.
- Yearbook – All parents can contribute by sending pictures from the classrooms and special events to our yearbook chair Lara Falardeau at HLESYearbook@yahoo.com
- Popcorn Fridays – Popcorn Fridays is a fun committee that pops and distributes popcorn to each HLES class that has perfect attendance for the week. There is some flexibility on volunteer dates. Contact Jessica Price to sign up for certain dates to help out and for training at firstname.lastname@example.org.