Another school year begins soon. Do your kids have the required immunizations?
If you’re in need of an immunization, Comal ISD can help. Student immunization clinics will be held Tuesday, Aug. 10, from 8 a.m. to 2 p.m., at the following locations:
- Church Hill Middle School (CHMS), 1725 N Business 35, New Braunfels
- Pieper Ranch Middle School (PRMS), 1106 Kinder Parkway, San Antonio
Immunizations offered at these clinics include:
- For 12 graders: MCV4 – required for colleges; Meningitis B – an optional 2-shot series that is for a 5th strain of meningitis
- For 7th graders: Required MCV4 & Tdap; HPV optional
- For Pre -K/Kinder: Required Dtap/IPV/MMR/Varicella/Hepatitis A/Hepatitis B series
Immunizations will be administered by Aurora Concepts.
Sign up here for the clinics before August 5. Choose your preferred location by entering either “CHMS” or “PRMS” in the “Campus” box.
Immunizations may be covered by personal insurance. All insurance policies will be verified. The cost for a shot is $5 without insurance for all participants 18 years or younger. If you plan to pay out of pocket, submit your information but put “NA” in all insurance blanks.
If you can’t make it to one of these clinics, the Comal County Health Department also is offering immunizations. Call 830-221-1150 to schedule an appointment.
Learn more about Texas’ minimum requirements for vaccines for 2021-22 for grades K-12.
If you have questions, contact Comal ISD Health Services at 830-221-2077.